Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Work quickie

So the interview I was to have today fell through because they wanted to pay around what I am currently making and that is not going to fly with me. It is back to searching and applying.

But to counter this disappointing news, I obtained a VPN hookup from work and can turn my PC at home into my PC at work. When I “work from home” it will be like I am at work all dressed up sitting at my work desk, when really I will be at home in my pajamas cuddling with the cat and the dog. It’s a hard life, I know. The trick is to make friends in “high places” or in my case, the IT department. All the people in your formative years that were not popular and classified as “nerds,” “geeks,” or “dorks” have the power today. Be nice to them.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com