Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Warning: Dork Entry

For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated with words. Not necessarily in the vocabulary sense, but more in the aesthetic sense (e.g., as someone once poignantly noted, “the pleasing symmetry of adobe”). I like to study how words look, rearrange them, and flip them around. Wherever I go, I find words and mentally work with them. It relaxes me and keeps my mind busy. I also read things backwards and compose a mental list of words that are meaningful in the reverse. Although I don’t ever think I will top finding a palindrome such as, “Rats live on no evil star,” or any other neat ones that have been discovered, the quest pursues.

All this explains why I enjoy games like Boggle since it involves finding words in a mess of letters (note: I rule undefeated). I recently applied this concept to the QWERTY keyboard to see what kind of words could be generated using the rules of Boggle. Sweeping through the letters, I found the following:
awe
awed
saw
sawed
sew
was
dew
wed
fed
red
few
drew
grew
thy
serf
kilo
lop
poi

I am sure there are more to be found, in which I will continue to work on it as I have my calculator words.

Just passing the time [at work].
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com