Sunday, March 20, 2005

Spring is here!

I know spring and general warm, sunny days have arrived when I roll down my windows only to be hit with a whirlwind of dust and dog hair. Then I have a sneezing fit. I used to always sneeze three times in a row no matter what. But lately, I am finding that the magical number is four.

Anyway, it is Sunday, and I am at work. I don’t usually have to work on Sundays, but I played hooky last Thursday (come on, everyone needs a break at some point) and am trying to make up time/work. Even though I am here, I am not being as productive as I could be because it is Sunday dammit. I am not typically a lazy person, but I do have my moments of taking mental vacations. For example, in lieu of making statistical calculations a while back, I tried to figure out how many words I could spell out on a calculator (when you hold it upside-down). Since 0=o, 1=I, 2=Z, 3=E, 4=H, 5=S, 6=G, 7=L, and 8=B, I was able to come up with 60 words in one sitting. Keep in mind that I am avoiding combinations of words like the reputable, “boobless,” and concentrating on words in their own right. I am sure this list will get bigger, and feel free to help me add some. I really can be a big dork.

The list thus far:
beg
bell
bi
big
bill
bio
biz
bless
blob
blog
bob
bog
boo
boob
boogie
booze
eel
egg
gel
geo
gesso
gill
glee
glib
glob
goo
he
heel
hell
hello
hi
high
hill
his
hoe
hog
igloo
ill
is
leg
less
lie
lob
log
loose
lose
oboe
ole
ooze
she
shell
shoe
sigh
sill
size
sob
soil
sole
zig
zoo
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com