Friday, January 09, 2009

That’s my baby! Er…babies!

At the 12 week ultrasound, MKD and I got to watch our babies on a huge LCD screen. We were shocked at how much they looked like actual babies and no longer nebulous blobs anymore. For over a half hour, we watched them move around and generally be awesome and cute (my genes after all!). MKD said they looked “Asian,” which made her happy because she desperately wants Asian-looking babies with hair that sticks up. I prefer white babies, but unfortunately the likelihood of having a blond hair/blue eye baby is pretty impossible.

Out of all the possible combinations of twins, my least favorite is girl-girl (way too much estrogen in the house including the pets). We are really hoping for boy-girl so we can have the experience of raising each considering our baby-making quest has been completed in one fell swoop (unintentional, really…who knew 2 frozen embryos would take?!). But I am really hoping for at least one boy to carry on my family name. I hate that this is the way it rolls, but it is what it is--a stupid sexist world. I am the last in my family to have the last name as my parents had 3 girls and my dad was the only boy in his family. So I am the closest thing to a son they ever got and was lucky enough to marry a wonderful woman who hyphenated her last name so our family will all have the same last name. These twins will be the 6th generation in the U.S.

Soon, we will find out the sexes. So far, Baby A seems to be a lot like me: shy and introverted. It was hard to get a decent picture of Baby A:

But the patient technician finally caught the little bugger!

Reminds me of myself since I refused to have my picture taken from age 11 to age 21.

Baby B is more like MKD: gregarious and extroverted. Getting a picture of Baby B was no problem at all as this baby wanted to be seen!

We can’t wait to see them again and love them so much already. MKD’s pregnancy has been pretty damn rough to say the least, but the end result will override all the bad days.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com