Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Vices

As of today, I am no longer going to consume ANY caffeine or candy.

Since I don’t smoke, drink, or do drugs anymore, I had to look at the next best thing of stuff I “do” and take into my body. Caffeine and candy may be lame, but they are substances I use everyday and are not necessary for my survival.

I have given up caffeine before, so I know it can be done. I was caffeine free for almost two years. Withdrawal was not fun. But once I got my body adjusted, I felt better, went to sleep easier, and actually had dreams I could remember! I am not a coffee drinker, but tea and soda are my weak points. I am going to dread the workweek as I tend to stay up a little too late always (another problem/nasty habit).

I have never given up candy, so I have no idea how it will be. The sweet tooth is something I have had for as long as I can remember. No more chocolate, caramel, chewy Sprees, Swedish fish (red ones only), toffee, Junior Mints, Twizzlers, M&Ms…

This is gonna be tough.

Sadly, this decision was made at 1:07 p.m. today and was not inaugurated by the “last” taste of anything. The last caffeinated beverage I had was a Pepsi at lunch yesterday, and the last piece of candy I had was some chocolate coins and Reese’s after dinner last night.

Groan.

My reasons for this decision can be summed up with the following clichés:
  • Give and take

  • Misery loves company

  • Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today

  • Actions speak louder than words

  • ‘Til death do us part

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com