Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I think I might need a helmet

Over the holiday weekend, I had to go to the hospital for a concussion. Backing up…

I was helping MKD clean her car while we were in MiddleOfNowhere, USA watching her parents’ house. I got up to put something back in the car and nailed the left temple of my head on the top corner of the passenger’s side car door. There is also the possibility that I walked into door as I do not remember the events completely. That being said, I am 94% sure I did not lose consciousness, but I did cut my head and there was some blood. What I don’t understand is why the metal door has such pointy points! They need to round those suckers off to prevent normally-not-so-klutzy people like me from hurting themselves.

I wasn’t initially going to go to the hospital, but there was lots of nausea, dizziness, and general bad foo. Not to mention many people telling me I needed to go. Several scare tactics later, we went.

This was only the second time in my life that I have gone to the ER. Luckily, in Small Town, America, waiting time was minimal. But there were scary sick people and I don’t like those.

After passing the usual tests, the next step was a CT scan to check for internal bleeding. I declined that after weighing the expenses with the likelihood I was going to die. MKD just had to keep a close watch on me for personality changes, blood draining from my nose/ears, death, etc. She woke me up several times during the night to make sure I didn’t slip into a coma and I knew who I was still.

Needless to say, several days later, my temple hurts like no other pain I have felt before. It hurts to blink. If I graze my finger over the area to swipe hair from my face, I yelp in pain. Damaging one of the most sensitive areas of my skull was quite a feat. If it had hit anywhere else like my forehead, I would have damaged the door as I have a freakishly hard head (literally and figuratively).

Stupid, stupid, stupid on my part. Or MKD’s car might be trying to kill me as there was no one around to actually see what happened and it has attacked me before. Anything is possible.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com