Tuesday, July 31, 2007

New love must run its course

I have recently discovered the wonderfulness of Craigslist. In the past, I have used it and found it useful. But for the past week, I have been somewhat addicted. Unlike other things in my life, this is just a phase and it will soon pass. But for now, I must obsess.

Yesterday, I got a free TV/VCR combo from someone who was moving and getting rid of stuff. It wasn’t supposed to be free, but he ended up just giving it to me. This means I have to “pay it forward.” But since I sought out the TV as a favor to help someone else out, I preemptively paid it forward. I think.

Since our encounter, I feel like I got away with murder or something and want to ‘pay’ the guy for the goods. I have thought about sending him an Amazon gift certificate or making a donation in his name. I can’t just let someone do something nice because I feel indebted to them somehow until I can do something for them. It’s a complex, I know.

Now, I am working on getting a fire-proof safe from someone else who is moving. Ever since we got the house, we have not found a proper place for the closing documents and deed. Seems pretty important and safe-worthy.

Oh and I also posted my very own ad. Selling old collectible stuff for some cold, hard cash is a good thing. I hope I find a taker. But if there was an award for the most organized, thoroughly anal seller, I would win it hands down. I rock the spreadsheets!

So now I am checking my email constantly to see if people wrote about things I am trying to acquire or cull. Craigslist has really reinforced the saying, “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.” At least this time, I am not the trash/treasure as I was referred to the first time I had heard this statement.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com