Monday, December 18, 2006

Leftovers

From my office holiday party last Friday, there are lots of leftovers in the fridge. Some of those leftovers include beer. Lots of different types of beer. Would it be wrong for people to have one during lunch or take them home? I feel like there should be a camera in the fridge to see who and what time these beers are taken. I have not been here long enough to know the office alcoholics. Every place of work has at least one.

Speaking of the holiday party, I received confirmation on a fellow employee. I had suspected she was gay, but was not 100% sure because my gaydar could be off or malfunctioning. But at the party, we started talking about our pets and I slipped in mentioning that I live with “my girlfriend,” in which she followed up talking about her “girlfriend” and domestic situation. It was like we did a secret gay handshake.

Being gay, you learn little cues to give out to convey gay status without blatantly saying, “I am gay.” In turn, you can figure out other people if you know what you are looking for. But no matter how long you have been gay or practicing this stratagem, you do get blindsided every once in a while. I file those incidents under the list, “I can’t believe that just happened.” Details of said incident are not to follow.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com