Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Robot reporting for duty

Yesterday I had my two-year review at work. As usual, I was described as a “hardworking, stellar employee” who gets “work finished in a timely manner,” is a “team player” and “well-liked by everyone,” and submits work that is “high quality.” I am killing readers with quotes to stress the bullshit that later occurred. So what was the complaint??? That I do not put in enough “face time.” The office hours are 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. So the times when I stay late, work from home after hours, or on the weekends apparently goes unnoticed. In fact, shame on me for being available 24/7 and working other than 8:30 to 5:00 Monday through Friday.

Well, as you can guess this one criticism is what prevented me from obtaining a raise I am entitled to (and I already am underpaid because I am young, blah, blah, blah…attack of ageism). So now I am a robot. I get here at 8:30 and leave at 5:00. No more working outside those times since face time is all that matters.

Oh and guess what? I got here at 8:30 a.m. today and no one was fucking here!!!

Fuckers.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com