Monday, January 30, 2006

You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll spit in my eye

Recently when I was over at my parent’s house, they were watching “Grizzly Man.” I only caught a little bit of the film here and there, and jumped to many conclusions prematurely. For those of you who are not familiar with this documentary, it is about this eccentric white boy who lives with Grizzly bears in Alaska for over a year and ends up being killed by them. The Eskimos (like my usage of a non-PC term?) say the events transpired as they did because, “White man no respect bear territory, pays price (spits).”*

Anyway, back to my artless criticism. From the snippets I did see, this man had some major mental and emotional issues, which were even talked about by the people who knew him (so I am not making this bit up). Pompous psychologist mode kicked in, and I projected my own personal experiences onto this man’s character to explain why he was the way he was: He was gay and never dealt with it. After all, you can "catch the gay" by coming into close contact with 'the gays.' So be afraid...be very afraid.

Hence the moral of the film was: Protect yourself from "catching the gay" or you will be eaten by Grizzly bears.


*Disclaimer: This is not an actual quote.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com