Friday, November 04, 2005

“You know what really grinds my gears…”

My cell phone stays on vibrate 99.9% of the time. It is not due to masturbatory purposes (as some of you thought), but due to the fact that I do not want my cell phone ring to disturb the silence with piercing ring tones or cause annoyance to those around me. Call me considerate. But many other people do not feel this way and put their cell phone ringer to the highest volume possible. Not only does the phone blare horrible tunes, but the person takes for-ever to answer it. The cell phone cannot be that far from your person. Fuck, it might even be in your damn pocket, but yet it takes the completion of whatever atrocious song for you to answer the call and put everyone within ear range out of their misery.

My rant stems from annoyance with gentleman I work with. His office is right next to mine and he gets calls all the freaking time. I think his job is basically talking on the phone all day and taking a lot of business trips. He has like a ba-gillion ring tones, as I have not heard one repeated to date. But the all-time best (and by best I mean worst) was a rap version of “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.” For fuck’s sake! First of all…a rap version, and second…Christmas tunes now???

[On a side note: I am irritated with Wal-Mart for starting the trend of shoving “Christmas” (note the use of the non-PC term) down our throats after Halloween instead of Thanksgiving this year, thereby causing all the other retailers to follow suit so they do not lose sales. Bastards.]

[On a second side note: I am disappointed in MS Word recognizing “Wal-Mart” as a word and not flagging it as misspelled. Oh, but “Wal-mart” is incorrect, so some fuck out there made sure MS Word would get the correct spelling, hyphenation, capitalization, and all that shit.]
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com