Thursday, November 10, 2005

Unrequited life

MKD and I were watching something on space the other night—a topic that I find extremely fascinating. After I was finished expressing my wonderment, she asked me why I did not go into that field if I am so enthralled with it. There are many reasons, including the fact that I am not that good at math and science. Plus, there are so many real world issues that get in the way of the things you enjoy (e.g., money, time, etc.).

So I got to thinking about my dreams and the things I wish I could do with my life and came up with a few (aside from anything involving space):

  • I really would like to be able to draw well. I am a decent artist, but I cannot draw to the ability I would like to. If I could, I would go into the graphic novel industry or some other creative medium that combines art with writing.

  • I have always loved playing pool. It would be an honor to meet Allison Fisher (aka "Duchess of Doom") and miraculously win a game. Although, I am sure MKD would want me to meet Jeanette Lee (aka "Black Widow") instead.

  • If I did not have emetophobia, I would have gone into a field where I help people medically. I would also participate in “Doctors Without Borders.”

  • I wish I could play piano well. I took lessons when I was in high school, but never made it past being a novice.

  • I love animals and envy that my cousin is a vet (but I would specialize in herpetology). I would enjoy working with animals more than I do with people.

All this dreaming and wishing led me to recall an absolutely dreadful song by Skee-lo back in 1995. Here is the main chorus you might recognize:

“I wish I was little bit taller,
I wish I was a baller,
I wish I had a girl who looked good
I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
And a six-four impala”



Stupid brain.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com