Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Tidbits related to music

Latest song obsession: “The District Sleeps Alone Tonight” by The Postal Service.

I had never liked Mariah Carey, period. It was not until she had her breakdown and then came back with her new album recently, that I am seeing her in a different light. She can really sing well and I have a deeper respect for her. The song, “We Belong Together” has been the only song of hers that I really enjoy, ever. Hopefully, it will be the last one because I am not that kind of girl who is a Mariah Carey fan.
I was recently given access to a stolen music library times four (i.e., pirated music passed on to a friend, passed on to another friend, passed on to me). When I have time, I will have to go through the 30 GB and copy what I want and do not have. Free music = happy me.

I am going to see one of Mary Prankster’s farewell shows at the end of this month. “Tempest” is a song MKD constantly serenades me with.

I was listening to a “classic rock” station the other day and a Nirvana song came on. Am I really that old? I shudder to think when the music I listened to growing up will be on the “oldies” station.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com