Monday, October 24, 2005

The Bright Side

Just when I was thinking about what a shitty job I have, I saw two guys dangling by one-inch thick ropes cleaning the outside of my office window. That is one job you could not pay me enough to do. I like sitting on my ass in a climate-controlled environment, risking the possibility of developing carpal tunnel. I wonder how many people have died on the window-cleaning job with such variables like strong winds, weak ropes, vertigo, etc. I have a morbid fascination with thinking about how people have died in the most unexpected and random ways. Whenever I walk over a large steel grate, I wonder how many people have actually plummeted to their death. Or how many people take an unexpected launch through the air by the exploding manholes in cities? It is shit like this that my brain occupies itself on. Sad, really.

That is my excuse for not saving the world and all its problems.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com