Thursday, September 08, 2005

We're expecting

Growing up, I was never allowed to have a dog or a cat unlike so many other people I know. My mother would not allow them and used the excuse that she was “allergic,” but really it was because she did not want an animal messing up her house. So I was allowed to keep animals that could be contained, like fish, hermit crabs, reptiles, etc. They were nice companions, but they were not something that I could cuddle with at night (believe me, I killed my most beloved anole this way).

It was not until I moved in with MKD that I could fulfill my childhood dream of having a dog or a cat to cuddle with. She brought with her the cutest, most lovable dog in the entire world. This dog does not have a mean bone in her body and suffers from SID (Species Identity Disorder) since she was raised with cats. So being alone during the day without her “people” has caused our dog to be somewhat depressed and in need of a companion. MKD and I are alleviating this problem by adopting the cutest kitty in the world.



We will get him next week and have a trial period to make sure that our dog and the kitty get along okay before completely adopting him as one of our own. I am sure it won’t be long before the dog and the kitty are playing and sleeping on the couch together. This also means that MKD and I will take two more rolls of film of just the animals and the adorable things they do.

So now, I will have a dog AND a cat, and I can be just like the rest of the people I know. Adopting a kitty will increase our “family” in our one-bedroom apartment, but it will be filled with lots of love and cuddles and fur.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com