Friday, June 03, 2005

That was so yesterday

I took a long lunch yesterday to see “Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.” First off, the movie was incredible. Secondly, I need to take long lunches more often. Then to add to my newly acquired slacker status, I left work early to catch up with a friend and her bf. It had been too long since I last saw her, and I need to do a better job at being social. Being in the “real world” and out of college really puts a strain on your social life.

As many already know, I am engaged! Happened last Friday, right before MKD’s birthday. You can read up on it on MKD’s blog. My parents were weirded out at first, but I have noticed improvements in their behaviors. If they meant all those things that they said to me when I came out to them, then everything should turn out fine.

Now, it is on to planning a wedding. Who knew there would be so much to think about? At least we have made a few decisions. We have agreed that it is going to happen in the fall, there will be an open bar, and the DJ is to NOT play the Macarena or the Electric Slide at any point (we have a ba-gillion songs already lined up from our extensive music collections). Other than that, everything is up in the air. But we have a long time to work out the details and we are procrastinators. As for the honeymoon, we ruled out somewhere tropical because of MKD’s intolerance to light, and are thinking about somewhere in Europe (has to be gay friendly) instead. I am up for anything because it does not matter where we go as long as we get to spend time together and not have to worry about work and other life bullshit.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com