Thursday, June 16, 2005

One is the Loneliest Number

There is a new tattoo place that opened up by my work. I have yet to stop in to see what kind of designs they have. My first tattoo was chosen off the wall because something drew me to it. To me, it is a Celtic type knot with Asian accents and style (even though it is more like a tribal design with purple shading) because I like to think I am of Irish decent even though I am completely Asian. I got it done on my back left shoulder when I was 19 and I still love it. Plus, I like having it back there because I forget I have it and it surprises me how cool it is each time I rediscover it.

Anyway, seeing this place everyday has been inching me closer to getting another one. I think it has been long enough that I have forgotten how painful it was and can go under the needle(s) again. I will most likely get the second one on my back again. I just do not want to be one of those people who end up having over 75% of their body tattooed. I am trying to pass in the corporate world and there are negative stereotypes associated with tattoos whether we care to admit or not.

But on another note, it turns out a few of my coworkers have tattoos. I wore a tank today so we could easily compare tattoos. One of my coworkers totally takes the cake because her tattoo takes up her entire lower back area (which makes the rest of ours look puny), and she should be commended for getting it all done in one sitting. I am not going to be as ambitious as her, because something less than a few inches is more than fine with me.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com